Esta página web utiliza cookies. Al continuar navegando por el sitio, usted acepta el uso de cookies. Averigüe más leyendo nuestra política de privacidad.
Main content | back to top
Shell Helix Ultra E
Fully synthetic motor oil for improved engine efficiency
Benefits of using Shell Helix Ultra E:
- Up to 2.2% greater fuel efficiency compared with a 15W-40 minerial oil and easier cold starting
- Reduces friction to improve fuel consumption and lessen exhaust emissions
- Up to five times more effective at removing sludge from dirty engines than a mineral oil
- Up to 30% more protection than other fully synthetic leading products tested
- Maintains viscosity and stays in grade throughout the oil-change interval
- Reduce oil volatility and therefore oil consumption and the need for top-up
- Smoother, quieter drive
Shell Helix tests
To clean and protect an engine, the oil must continue to perform until it is removed when the car is serviced. With some manufacturers recommending longer service intervals, an oil’s ability to stay fit is even more important. Throughout the oil’s life, it has to disperse more and more dirt – keeping it locked away and preventing it from being redeposited in the engine.
Our scientists perform a variety of tests that measure the ability of Shell Helix oils to resist breakdown and disperse dirt. We also test our competitors’ oils, so that we can benchmark our lubricants and demonstrate the benefits of using Shell Helix oils.
Recommended by Scuderia Ferrari
Shell Helix Oil is the only motor oil Scuderia Ferrari recommends. That’s why Shell Helix is inside not just every Ferrari Gran Turismo car that leaves Maranello, but also every Ferrari Formula One car at every race.
Specifications and approvals
Because lubricants vary in quality, universal criteria are used to describe oil performance and usage. Shell Helix motor oils not only meet these increasingly demanding international specifications but usually surpass them. Shell Helix Ultra E exceeds these specifications:
- API SL/CF
- ACEA A3/B3/B4
- BMW LL-01
- MB approval 229.5
- VW 502 00/503 01/505 00
Compared with a normal mineral oil (API SG/CD)